連絡電話：(+886) 037-246166 ext. 37738
|1992 – 1997||PhD, Institutes of Life Science, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan|
|1990 – 1992||MS, Dept. of Pharmacology, National ChenKung University, Tainan, Taiwan|
|1986 – 1990||BSc, Dept. of Pharmacy, Kaoshung Medical University, Kaoshung, Taiwan|
|2006/05 – 2010/02||Adjunct Assistant Professor, Graduate Institute of Biopharmaceutics, National Chiayi University, Chiayi, Taiwan|
|2006/02 – present||Assistant Principle Investigator, Vaccine R&D Center, National Health Research Institutes, Zhunan, Taiwan|
|2005/07 – 2006/05||Assistant Professor, Dept. of Infectious Disease, University of Georgia, Athens, GA, USA|
|2002 – 2005/07||Research Associate, Dept. of Infectious Disease, University of Georgia, Athens, GA, USA|
|2001 – 2002||Post-doctoral fellow, Laboratory of Experimental and Computational Biology, National Cancer Institute, National Institute of Health, USA|
|2000||Post-doctoral fellow, Dept. of Oral Biology and Medicine, School of Dentistry, University of California, USA|
Honors & Awards
|2015 – 2015||The 12th National Innovation Award|
|2003 – 2003||Presentation and travel award of 2003 Human retrovirus Conference. Keystone, Colorado|
|2001 – 2001||Oral presentation and travel award of 2001 AIDS Vaccine Conference, Philadelphia|
|2000 – 2007||Member of American Association of Cancer Research (AACR) (2000-present)|
|2000 – 2000||Presentation and travel award of 2000 International Human Retrovirus Annual Conference, Baltimore|
|1999 – 2004||Member of American Association of Cancer Research (AACR) (2000-present)|
|1996 – 1996||Award of the Best Thesis of the year, Molecular Cell Biology Association|
1. Molecular Virology 2. Vaccine Development 3. Tumor Biology 4. Signal Transduction
- Development of a lung adenocarcinoma mice model to study the mechanisms of tumorgenesis (2007-2010). These studies are helping us to develop a model for cancer study and prevention.
- Development of recombinant mucosal vaccines against the respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) (2008-present); a, adenovirus and rubella delivery vectors expressing RSV fusion protein as vaccine and tested their immunogenicity in mice; b, identification of HLA-restricted CTL epitope of RSV fusion protein. c, Study the mechanism of RSV-inudced lung pathology. These achievements will provide us useful mucosal delivery system to develop vaccine for RSV and other respiratory infectious agents. d, Establishment and production of human-used Ad-RSV vaccine in cGMP manufactory in Vaccine R&D Center, NHRI.
- Creation of an EV71 infectious mice model for EV71 vaccine development (2009-present): a, study of the mechanisms of hand-foot-and mouth disease (HFMD) occurred in SCARB2-expressing mouse infected with EV71; b, study of the mechanism of EV71 entry. These results will accelerate the development of EV71 vaccine.
- Development of Ad-VLP as a multivalent vaccine against HFMD.
Research Activities & Accomplishment
Dr. Chow has 42 peer-reviewed journals and 8 granted patents and 2 filing patents Dr. has awarded the 12th National Innoviation Award, 2015 Dr. has tech-transferred Ad-RSV vaccine to BioChina, INc.
NHRI Repository: http://ir.nhri.org.tw/handle/3990099045/832
NHRI Repository (patent): http://ir.nhri.org.tw/handle/3990099045/833